1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root google play protect was uninstalled !

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DysfunctionalDane, Dec 6, 2018 at 3:46 AM.

1. DysfunctionalDane

None

Thursday
    Male
    Hey,
    So, I was a little to fast on my fingers this morning and in short, I uninstalled google play protect by mistake. It should only have been disabled,but now it´s gone and I keep getting the same error - every 10 seconds maybe: >com.google.android.gms.common.app.Gmsapplication keeps stopping...> close app / send feedback.

So before I lose my mind completely, might someone have a possible solution to this? It would be greatly appreciated.

/Samsung S7-edge running Superman rom 3.0.1 with Magisk SU.

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
  3. DysfunctionalDane

None

Thursday
    Male
    Thanks man, but I am not sure it would suffice only by trying to make a clean install of play store. Because of the missing files, accounts and sync broke down,so I couldn´t even connect an account to play store; every google function kinda shut down.... at some point, it was actually a release ;-)
    Anyway, after many hours, I finally sorted it out. Forced install of older google apk files by a root explorer and eventually got google capable of starting updating it self again!

But many thanks for the help ! Have a great day! :)

4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.