• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root google play protect was uninstalled !

Hey,
So, I was a little to fast on my fingers this morning and in short, I uninstalled google play protect by mistake. It should only have been disabled,but now it´s gone and I keep getting the same error - every 10 seconds maybe: >com.google.android.gms.common.app.Gmsapplication keeps stopping...> close app / send feedback.

So before I lose my mind completely, might someone have a possible solution to this? It would be greatly appreciated.

/Samsung S7-edge running Superman rom 3.0.1 with Magisk SU.

Thanks man, but I am not sure it would suffice only by trying to make a clean install of play store. Because of the missing files, accounts and sync broke down,so I couldn´t even connect an account to play store; every google function kinda shut down.... at some point, it was actually a release ;-)
Anyway, after many hours, I finally sorted it out. Forced install of older google apk files by a root explorer and eventually got google capable of starting updating it self again!

But many thanks for the help ! Have a great day! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones