• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google play randomly starting in background

Hi everyone. I have had my new s4 for about a week and I love it, however I have noticed that in the active applications widget that google play will be there when I haven't opened it. I do occasionally use it, but back out of it, not just hit home, to leave the app. Anyone know why it's doing this? If there's a way to stop it without permanently disabling it?

Thank you for any help ;)

Yep, don't even worry about what's running, unless your phone starts to slow down and you think that there is something running that sucking up processor and/or memory.

If you really have a widget running that shows you what apps are running, get rid of that thing, it's using up processor to tell you something that you don't need to know all the time. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones