• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Play Services will not install

I keep getting messages that tell me to update Google Play Services on my BenQ Agora phone. While I can download from the Playstore it will not install.

I've tried all the usual fixes to the point of backing up the phone and doing a factory reset but it still will not install. Most of my other apps will not work as a result.

Any suggestions or is my 'pone just broken beyond my repair capabilities?

Thanks for the reply. In a nutshell, what you've told me to do is what I've been doing for the past two days on and off.

I have no difficulty downloading, but the app just will not install. As I said in my post, I've been through the whole gamut of recommended 'fixes' but nothing worked; I still couldn't install. The last 'fix' on one suggested sequence was to do a backup of the phone and then do a factory reset, deleting everything and reverting to factory settings. Most apps downloaded and installed just fine but Google Play Services will just not install and the backup won't restore until play services is installed (or so the phone tells me).

My suspicion is that the phone is broken. Although some three years old but it has seen very little use as it's the emergency spare.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones