1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Play Store and other Apps won't work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hohohozack, Oct 17, 2014.

1. hohohozack

hohohozack Lurker

Hey guys, I have a very peculiar problem.

I recently bought my LG G3, and everything was working fine and dandy. Then, last week, some of my apps started to not work. I thought that it was because of the common problem that certain apps won't work, but I thought it was just super weird that apps that previously worked just stopped. I figured that they would come around.

I've tried clearing data and clearing cache, but it hasn't worked. I've tried uninstalling updates, and that hasn't worked either.

Then, I wanted to download another app. I went to the google playstore, but the google playstore isn't working anymore either. It doesn't load. I went to go check on the google play store under apps -> downloaded apps -> google playstore..but the google playstore isn't even in my downloaded apps. Not quite sure where to go from here.

Note: All the apps that I use are working fine on my Samsung Tab 3.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Factory reset should solve it.

tc6276 likes this.
  3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

Using an app store other than the overrated and problematic Play Store also works and without the "wipe and reinstall " solution I see posted often. People this isn't Microsoft Windows, that isn't the solution.

Play Store is the most unreliable filth I've ever had to deal with. If only there were some way to revive the original Android Market on our devices. It never messed up until Google got their dirty mitts on it.

4. hsm42

hsm42 Lurker

Hi! This is a bit late but worth a try. Go to Settings/All apps..scroll to bottom of screen and you may see some disabled apps. If Playstore is one of them you can try enabling it again by pressing the disabled word.Hope this is an option for you!
    regards

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews