• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play Store disappeared from Tab

attroll

Mar 8, 2011
ME
I have a Galaxy Tab A 10.
I have never had a problem with it.
I don’t play games on it. I only use it to answer emails, work on my web site, and check Facebook.
I have only installed a few apps on it but they are just basic productivity apps.
Just recently my Google Play store has disappeared off from the Tab.
I don’t know why. I just uninstalled an app one day and went to reinstall it and notice that the Play Store was gone.
I went into my settings and verified that the play store was no longer on the Tab.

I tried logging into the Play Store on my PC’s browser and went to install and app.
I picked the app I wanted to install.
I picked my Tab SM-T580 from my devices drop down menu and clicked on install.
It gave me the message “will be installed on your device soon”.
I waited for a long time but it never got sent to my device.
I tried doing the same thing again and this time when I clicked on install I got a blank popup that only said “OK”.

I tried doing the same think with the browser on my Tab and I get the same results.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how I can resolve this and get the Play Store back on my Tab?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones