1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Play Store Issue

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mayank29gupta, Aug 10, 2013.

1. mayank29gupta

mayank29gupta Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2013
    Hi,

I recently bought a new Android Phone which runs on 2.3.6 version. There were some paid apps in my last android phone like Easy Tether Pro, Launcher 8 Pro etc. Last phone also run on same android version.

I copied their apk file to new phone and installed them. But for some reason these apps that I installed manually do not show up in the Installed App list on Google Play Store.

Neither I am getting any update notification for these apps. In fact when I search for Easy Tether on Play Store, it does not mention that this app is already installed on the Phone. In case of Launcher 8 Pro, if I visit the App page on Play Store, it do show that App is already installed but there is no update option.

How can I fix this issue?

Advertisement

2. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    UK
    It is possible that these apps are not compatible with the new phone in which case the play store will not show them.

I presume your phone primary Google account is the same on the new phone as it was on the old one.

Have you tried selecting menu within the play store then my apps & swipe from the right side of the screen to the left side. That should show you a list of all apps you've previously installed. Paid apps should be listed as installed or purchased (ie can be reinstalled at no cost). Alternatively just search for the app within the play store.

Unforgiven likes this.
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Mar 9, 2012
    Male
    Reno, Nevada
    Have you just tried to install from the play store rather than copy apk from one phone to another?

As long as you did purchase the apps, there would be no problem redownloading them.

Otherwise that's considered piracy.

funkylogik and Unforgiven like this.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    As has been mentioned above, if you purchased the apps from Play and used the same login ID on both phones, you wouldn't need to go through the trouble of transferring the apks. How did you get the apps originally?

DragonSlayer95 likes this.
  5. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Owensboro, KY
    Correct me if i am wrong, but if you side-loaded the APK file, and didn't install it from Play itself, it won't show up in the installed apps list on Play Store itself, even if you had previously purchased it. i also believe Play Store changed how they show installed apps in that list, it now shows all the apps you ever purchased in the 'all' section and sometimes gets it wrong and does not show the one you have installed as 'installed' only 'purchased'.

6. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Android Expert
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    I sideloaded an old version of MegaYatzy and Play still nags me to update it. But then again, I sideloaded almost all my apps when I set up my new phone and I seem to get update notices much less frequently.

7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    ^^THIS lol!!! if you owned those apps then why copy the APK? :D