1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google play store layout change?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Pabben, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Pabben

Pabben Lurker

Is it just me or did the layout or the look of the play store change to something a little more simplistic with lots of grey bars? I don't know because I just reformatted my phone. :p

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Mine hasn't changed lately - though with what they've done to the Play Store on the Web I'd not be completely surprised if they altered it to remove useful stuff like filtering reviews ;)

If you've just done a reset you've probably reverted to an older version, whatever came installed with your phone. Most likely it will update again during the next day or so.

3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

I know the PC browser version just recently had a fairly large overhaul, but I'm not sure about the app version since I use a theme that changes it to mostly black.

Most times after a format when you open, close, and reopen the Play Store it'll force it to update to it's latest version formatted for your device.

LilBit likes this.
  4. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert

The Play Store got all metro-ish and pastel a month or so ago. This theme has carried over to other Google apps like Play Books, Music and non-Google apps such as the latest versions of Yahoo! Mail and Dolphin Browser.

5. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL *

I hate the new app version, great idea : let's put really light grey text against a white background, that's brilliant, i can't even read it.

6. nickdalzell

It also uses more battery on an AMOLED screen like the one in a Galaxy S3. White is more power to light the led pixels. Also, everyone knows that white on black is far more eye friendly than black on white. Then there is the pastels. Geezit I hate that color theme, just like walking into Bath and Body works. Then comes oversized icons. What are we all blind? A sudden influx of poor eyesight folks buying up Android devices lately? Or Google's attempt at making sure you don't hit the wrong icon by mistake? You tell me.

I knew it was inevitable that Android would be one of the many to copy Windows 8 but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I hate Fisher-price. I'm 34 years old. Not a 4 year-old Nabi user. I bought a Nexus 10 to utilize the huge screen. Not have most of it used up with five or so huge elements in Play Store and Gmail. If modern UI means copying old child-friendly toys then I will jump ship. Somewhere. I was truly hoping 3-D would be the future of modern computing, like the computers Tony Stark uses.

7. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert

But that's what the marketing majors say is good for us! They can't be wrong! [​IMG]

8. nickdalzell

Careful, that's Apple logic!