• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play Store on Wildfire?

Norm9

Lurker
Oct 31, 2013
Hi all :)

I've just taken delivery of a Wildfire (I lost my Desire and needed a replacement until my contract renews in March) and seem to be having problems with the whole market/google play store business.

My phone has the "Android Market" icon on the main screen. The first time I press this I'm taken to the Google Play Store terms and conditions. Upon accepting these the Android Market app opens. This seems to have a very limited number of apps available to download and nothing I do seems to allow me to replace it with Google Play Store.

Has anyone got any advice about this? I've tried forcing a stop so the next time I load Market it is replaced with play store. This just causes the above to happen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - I'm running Android version 2.2.1 which according to my phone is the 'latest version'.

Thanks

Hi Norm9 and welcome to Android Forums. Here are a couple of things you might try. First I would check to see if there were any updates for your Wildfire. Perhaps that will open the play store for you. Another thing to remember is that the play store is looking for your google account association. Make certain you have that all set up correctly. I hope this helps. Perhaps another more familiar with the Wildfire will jump in here with some better / additional information that will help you.

Upvote 0
Many thanks for the quick reply!

I'm sure my phone is set up with my gmail email address - I certainly get a notification whenever I receive an email on that account. Or have I missed something there?

Whenever I do a "system software update" I see the message saying my phone is up to date and there are no updates available :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones