1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Play Store or SmartWorld?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Joe_PDA, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Joe_PDA

Joe_PDA Member

Is LG SmartWorld just LG's version of the google Play store? if so, is here any need or benefit to use SW over GPS?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Muckle Dabuckle

Muckle Dabuckle Well-Known Member

I use LG SmartWorld for an occasional theme, ringtone, or wallpaper (some really nice ones on there). Not sure what the point is, but I feel it's similar to Samsung's appstore which is kind of redundant too. I believe you have to check "allow apps for unkown sources" in the security settings of your phone to install some things.

3. Joe_PDA

Joe_PDA Member

Thanks Muckle. I don't really need more themes or ringtones. I can't see any reason not to disable this, if possible. Can you? Actually, after looking on Smartworld, I didn't see anything of interest. I was actually able to delete this app. surprised me as I would love to get rid of most of the T-Mobile crap but haven't rooted. I disabled most though.

4. Muckle Dabuckle

Muckle Dabuckle Well-Known Member

No problem. I may do the same thing after I download some of the ringtones I liked from the G4. Once you delete it you can get it back by going to the app update section under "about phone." I feel like SmartWorld is something popular in Korea and they put little effort into the North American version other than translating stuff into english.

KOLIO likes this.
  5. Joe_PDA

Joe_PDA Member

I'm using a Mission Impossible ringtone for my last 4 smartphones. I cut it from the original tv show.
    Other than that, your right, that there seems to be little value in it here. I was glad LG allowed this app to be deleted completely. (are you listening T-Mobile?) One less app taking up resources.

LG V10 Forum

The LG V10 release date was October 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

October 2015
Release Date
Reviews