1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Google play store won't open

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lear, Jan 11, 2014.

1. lear

lear Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2014
    i know there has been a couple of threads concerning this problem. but i have already read all of the threads that i could find. nothing worked.
    i live in china and the chinese version of note 3 doesnt have play store installed. so i had to download the apk from the internet. and installed on the phone. it flashes white and closes immediately. also google play services that i installed from the internet yesterday, failed to open. it flashes black for a while and then (unfortunately google play services has stopped). BTW, my weather widget shows a different city. a city which is a little far from where i live. i tried to let gps and map access my location to refresh my home city, but no success.

here are the solutions that i found online and have already tried with no success.

1.Set your correct date and time for the current location. Try this it will work out, and also try to inactivate your play store account and reactivate. (i failed to change my home city in weather widget. the date and time are correct though)

2-Find " Hideman VPN " and Install . you don't need Play Store you can download this from SAMSUNG Store. And Its Free.
    Now Open Hideman VPN And Click Connect.
    Onces Its Connected Open Internet Explorer And Check Your IP . It Will Be Changed
    Now Open Google Play Store .. It Should work

3-clear cache and data, then reboot.

4-Try clearing the data and cache for " Google Services Framework" also (my phone has no google framerowk. no any google service)

5- Your downloads are probably disabled ...go into your settings then application manager scroll over to all. go all the way to bottom you should see downloads click enable. thats what i did works good now.

............none of the above has worked..................
    is there anything else i could do? my doubt is that samsung china has disabled something about google or there is a built in app that keeps my home city incorrect. im not sure. i hope to get it to work. andriod is useless without google play.
    thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    China is known to block a lot of things. Have you tried downloading apps from Amazon?

3. lear

lear Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2014
    that is a good idea. thanks. i will try. BTW, google play works on my other phone. and on many other people's phones as well. i hope to get it to work still

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.