• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play Stuck at Downloading ? Fix

Eva100

Jan 22, 2017
I am new here so hope its OK to start this thread ? .

Had this problem a few times but this works on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Nougat OS and also helped someone else..so thought I would share as might help others.

Close Down Google Play Store App..

Then go..Settings..connections...data usage...mobile data usage...scroll down list of Apps to Media tap this..select to allow background data usage and also allow unrestricted data usage if you have data saver enabled..

Then go settings...Applications...select Google Play Store App..FORCE STOP and then tap ...storage..clear data and clear cache.

Then go to Apps launch Google Play Store and try again.

Just clearing data and cache didn't work for me .FORCE STOP and then clearing them dose.

ru usin a VPN... virtual private network... xx
Who are you replying to? :thinking: This 3-year-old thread was posted as a solution to a problem, and hasn't had any requests for help in a long time.

By the way, this is a forum, not SMS, so we're accustomed to reading actual words and sentences. You might want to write that way, too. :)

Reactions: BarryJamesEllender
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones