1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Play Suspended status change

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Sugata Mukherjee, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Sugata Mukherjee

I have an application where i use Job Schedulers to update the current location of a user to our server, and share the same with the other users of a group, in which all are members. The tracking happens in the background, even when the app is closed. But it only starts after a user input, like after the user clicks on a button. This was recently tagged by Google and suspended from the play store because of changes to their Malicious Behaviour policy change and was deemed a spying and surveillance app, which is just weird. They did not give us any prior warning before doing this. Now, since it is suspended, we are not able to upload a compliant version of the app, and repeated mails to Google have not fetched a reply. Is there any way we can change the Suspended state to Removed state on Google Play, so that we can upload the compliant version without having to change the name and package name of the current app? Please help

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Hadron and Deleted User like this.
  3. Sugata Mukherjee

Thank you so much for your response. I will definitely try and get a human being to talk to me regarding this.

4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

How is this helpful to the Op's questions / problems?

Deleted User, psionandy and Dannydet like this.