• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google playstore has stopped

corvairbob

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
i have a verizon ellipsis 10" tablet 5.1 os and for the last few weeks i have been getting the google play store or play services has stopped. i cleared the cache and then install updates and they come back then i fore stop them and they start back up, i even disable them and still they come back running and then i get the message again. how do i get past that error it plays havoc on the table as i use it for a security camera monitor running the tinycam app and when i start getting this error the table starts running slow.
i don't use this table for anything but a monitor for that app so i have turned off about everything to help make it run faster.

outside of doing a factory restore and then disabling those 2 app what can i do to stop that error?

thanks

check your android webview app to see if it needs update. they was a weird bug that happened about a month ago that affected many apps including google apps.

here read this:
https://9to5google.com/2021/03/23/android-apps-crashing-webview/

not sure if that is the issue or not, but its good if we can rule that out first.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
thanks but i do not see that app on the tablet. i have setup wizard webview and setup wizard that have the same icons. plus i do not have play store, but that may be because i disabled those apps. i went to the internet and typed in android system webview and nothing show up. i get android system dev webview that looks like half a cog in a pan. i do not think that is what i need . so is there just an app that will let me do a complete update i do not see that on the tablet. thanks

Upvote 0
ok i could not get that app after i found it. so just to save time i just reset the dam tablet. why does google not like your latest password. it seems every time i go into google it prompts me for a password and i give it i have it written down and it tells me the password was changed in the last 4 months and i put in the last one and it never likes that. then it tell me to use my phone and i use that and google goes away. if i try again i have to go thru all that b/s again.

so is in now that you have to just do a password reset every time you use google to just save time? this is getting real old now

Upvote 0
ok update i did a factory reset and it has been a few days and so far the only error has been the calendar, i do not use it so no problem. i did see that webview app show up this time i could not just get it. anyway let me try this for a few weeks and see how it goes. before the restore the error came up almost every day.

thanks for the help but a restore may have been the only solution. bp.

Upvote 0
well i spoke to soon i got the play store has stopped again. and i have the webstore installed this time i went to that app and it has no area to do an update but i did find an update inthe play store and i'm now installing it so lets see how long this runs before i get the error again.

after it did it's update i see it says in the update section last updated 4 26 2021 so maybe that fixes the issues.

thanks

Upvote 0
ok i did a factory restore and again the play store has stopped and ne appstore has stopped. so does anyone have a fix for this that really works? this is on the verizon ellipsis qatar 10" tablet if that makes any difference. do you think doing all the app updates will stop this error message? i do not go into the setting much so them most likely get backed up. thanks

Upvote 0
ok now it has been a week after i did a complete factory reset and i still get play store has stopped and now a bunch of other apps that give me that error message that they have stopped. so is this just qutar7 tablet doing this or is there some gross issue with 5.1 ? the tablet is real slow now that i have reset it and let it install all the junk they put on them just to make sure i did not have some app turned off or deleted and that was the root issue.

so does anyone have a fix for this or do i have to just put up with it until i find another table. because i use this for a monitor for my security system i have to have it on all the time. i can just tap the ok and the error goes off the screen but then what it going to do in the background?

i have updated that android system webview now maybe 10 times and it seems to not make any difference. in fact it give me the option to uninstall that update.

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones