• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google pop up ads?

CriStel

Lurker
Apr 10, 2019
Within the last week or so I started getting random pop up ads on my phone. They don't appear in any specific app, I've gotten them while checking email, sending texts, browsing Facebook, etc... I keep getting one for myweatherupdatenow.com and most recently Slip 700 Series tripods. Just random stuff from sites I've never been to before. There is an AdChoice button in the lower corner and when I clicked on it, these appear to be Google generated ads. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or not but this seems to have started when I upgraded to Android pie. is anyone else having this issue? I've been researching for days on how to stop this from happening but I can't figure it out. Help??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190410-083539_Dinosaur Picture Creator.jpg
    Screenshot_20190410-083539_Dinosaur Picture Creator.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 117
These ads could be fed from a rogue app, try AppWatch to see if you can locate the culprit:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tafayor.appwatch

Usage
✓ Turn on the switch "Start monitoring"
✓ Exit the app and start using your phone normally
✓ When a pop-up ad randomly appears on your screen; Open AppWatch from the notification bar , and you will find in the activity log the latest launched app, which should normally be the app who showed the annoying ads

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones