1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Google Products install to SD card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zisconnected, Sep 27, 2011.

1. zisconnected

zisconnected Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Device: Nexus One
    Carrier: T-Mobile
    Country / Language: U.S.A. / English
    OS / Browser / build number (if applicable): 2.3.6 (yay!)

Why is it that besides Google+, Google products can't be installed to the microSD card? I have a Nexus One and initially had limited space available! I had almost all of my applications installed to the SD card and still had 17 GB of internal storage available. I noticed that the biggest internal storage hogs were all Google apps, Google Books, Docs, Voice, Maps, Market, Music, YouTube, Google +.

I tried to format my microSD card, which didn't help. So I decided to Hard Reset my phone, which actually worked out to some benefit. After reinstalling (not restoring) the applications I used, I found that I could install Google+ to the microSD card and that was it. I now have 70 MB of internal storage available which is nice, but I still want to install the rest of the Google Apps! Am I missing something here? The button to move apps to the SD card is greyed out with the rest of Google Products! Help!:mad:

Advertisement

2. zisconnected

zisconnected Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? This is the second forum that I've come up with nothing. Are there any other Nexus One users left out there?

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    I'll move this to the nexus one forum for you. But you are correct, there are some google apps that can not be moved to the SD card. That is most likely because they wouldn't function properly if on the SD card especially if the app has corresponding widgets. Google apps like google earth, sky map and goggles can be moved.

Tags: