1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Reader and other slowww apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rowuncw, Feb 17, 2011.

1. rowuncw

rowuncw Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm new to Android OS as of December, and I've noticed that some news/feed apps are much faster than others, regardless of if I'm on wifi or 3g. For example, the NYTimes app is pretty slow to update and download new stories, while the USA Today and NPR apps update within seconds of opening.

Similarly I have noticed that Google Reader, even with the new update from the other day, is VERY slow to load and update. Even moving between feeds and posts is painfully slow. And again, it doesn't seem to make a difference if I'm on 3g or wifi. This is unfortunate because I'm a Reader addict and it's such an excellent app otherwise. Thoughts?

Advertisement

2. DaWeav

DaWeav Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    Lemoore, CA
    I'm a Google Reader fanatic too, and I've notice slow access time fetching and reviewing my Reader Feeds on Android, iPad, and Chrome. I'm not talking about Google going out and getting the feed content, but rather me actually accessing my Google Reader feeds from any platform. It seems Google may have a Google Reader issue that they have not yet owned up to in their Applications Status Blog.