• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google really needs to fix this text limit in JB!

sean76

Android Expert
May 5, 2010
NYC
I've never experienced this before on any of my other Android phones besides the nex 4 running JB. This has got to be fixed, its driving me maddddd!

ujyvatem.jpg

So what......u can't sent a long text message?

Say you need to send a text message to a few people, like a group text...You'll get that pop up asking for permission.

Also say your going back and fourth with someone, after a few min it'll pop up.

Its just plain stupid to not be able to turn it off, and with so many people relying on texting as a form of communication I'm surprised there haven't been more complaints.

Upvote 0
Its there to prevent applications from sending out spam texts, but I always thought it was a setting to keep track of it.

I've owned god knows how Android devices and have used every single build since cupcake on the G1 and have never received a spam message...ever! Its just a plain annoying feature on this build of Android.

Upvote 0
I've never seen it either, but I also haven't had it happen on the Nexus 4. And I'm a pretty heavy texter. Though I rarely send group messages. Seems like that's the culprit.

Nope not just group...I was going back and fourth separately with two of my workers earlier tonight at the same time and it popped up.

What carrier you using?

Upvote 0
T-mobile. I'm on their $30 5gb monthly 4G plan.

Just an FYI...I go back and fourth between 2 sim cards for both at&t and T-Mobile and I filled up my prepaid yesterday with Tmo and changed my plan to the $70 for unlimited 4G data and unlimited talk and text...Seriously that price just can't be beat for all you get, especially contract free with no carrier ties. My total is $77 because I have insurance for my n4 with them also...

Upvote 0
Just an FYI...I go back and fourth between 2 sim cards for both at&t and T-Mobile and I filled up my prepaid yesterday with Tmo and changed my plan to the $70 for unlimited 4G data and unlimited talk and text...Seriously that price just can't be beat for all you get, especially contract free with no carrier ties.
Oh I agree that the $70 plan is the best unlimited value out there. But I don't use minutes much, and have a hard time getting even close to 5 GB given all the WiFi I have access to. I also use talkatone with Google voice to make and receive most of my calls over data. It just doesn't make any sense for me to increase my bill by $40.

Upvote 0
Oh I agree that the $70 plan is the best unlimited value out there. But I don't use minutes much, and have a hard time getting even close to 5 GB given all the WiFi I have access to. I also use talkatone with Google voice to make and receive most of my calls over data. It just doesn't make any sense for me to increase my bill by $40.

I'd look into T-Mobiles $30 unlimited prepaid plan

Edit I can't read.

You're already on it. Niece job:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones