• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Releasing the Lime Pie Key

I called Samsung @US they told us that LimePieKey andriod 5.0.1 (release version) is comming out next month As those Cnet or tech website has recorded wrong Information ! It may be released for low end mobile too ! like galaxy Mini But not Pocket ! SamSung user May receive the update faster then others carriers and Brands ! Enjoy your update !

Reported By :AndriodNoob12 :)

There was no announcement at Google IO about KLP or 4.3. That would kinda suggest there's nothing imminent - or at least, not as imminent as June.

My own guess is that KLP will be announced along with the next new Nexus device - that may even mean the N5 announcement which is likely to be around October / November.

That would leave plenty of room for 4.3 to be released somewhere in between. I notice a few publications talking about something in July or August, but there doesn't appear to be any solid evidence for anything at this point.

According to some stories, the reason KLP wasn't announced at IO was because manufacturers wanted more time to roll out 4.2. Don't know if there's any truth in that - it sounds very like spin to me - but if there is, that might also suggest that Google has been under a lot of pressure to slow the release cycle right down.

Given how much grief manufacturers get about updating their devices, that could make sense.

Upvote 0
There was no announcement at Google IO about KLP or 4.3. That would kinda suggest there's nothing imminent - or at least, not as imminent as June.

My own guess is that KLP will be announced along with the next new Nexus device - that may even mean the N5 announcement which is likely to be around October / November.

That would leave plenty of room for 4.3 to be released somewhere in between. I notice a few publications talking about something in July or August, but there doesn't appear to be any solid evidence for anything at this point.

According to some stories, the reason KLP wasn't announced at IO was because manufacturers wanted more time to roll out 4.2. Don't know if there's any truth in that - it sounds very like spin to me - but if there is, that might also suggest that Google has been under a lot of pressure to slow the release cycle right down.

Given how much grief manufacturers get about updating their devices, that could make sense.

Google did in fact mention the next iteration of android at I/O ;)

Upvote 0

Google did in fact mention the next iteration of android at I/O ;)

Like Rx said, there was plenty of mention of it, but subliminally.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Like Rx said, there was plenty of mention of it, but subliminally.

Sorry - what I meant by "no announcement" was that Google didn't give any idea about the release date. In fact, from what I've read, all there was were hints and references, not even a clear steer about the features to expect.

Just had another look and I don't think there's been any further news so I'd be pretty surprised if anything gets released this month.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Any idea how it works for wifi only devices, such as my Tab 2?

Thnx.

Thats straight from the manufacturer, and its generally the same way... randomly by serial number. They may roll it out by countries, but within the country its generally a lottery system. People in the state of Florida getting the update before/after Texas is a myth.

Reactions: saptech
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones