1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Google removing apps and themes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RobertT22, Apr 30, 2012.

1. RobertT22

RobertT22 Member
    None

Jan 20, 2012
    Candidate for Governor of NH
    New Hampshire, US
    Is it just me or is Google removing certain apps and themes from it's play store.

Recently had to reboot my phone back to factory, I goofed, but when I went to get the theme by zt.art called D.Suger it is no longer available and another website outside of Google Store has the link broken to download it. Contacted ZT but no response to the email I sent.

I also wanted to get back Root Explorer but can't find that no longer on Google Play Store either?

Anyone seeing things go missing now that Google bought the Android Market Store?

I would like to make my own black theme like that of ZT.Art but again Im a noob when it comes to themes on android phones.

Thanks all.

Advertisement

2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Male
    Detroit,Michigan
    Haven't noticed any missing really-there actually appears to be more options:)
    Root Explorer is still on the GPlayhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer&hl=en

Correct the black theme that you wanted is not available anymore-not sure why-there are quite a few similar options though.
    D.SUGER Theme GO Launcher EX (Android) - Download

RobertT22 likes this.
  3. RobertT22

RobertT22 Member
    None

Jan 20, 2012
    Candidate for Governor of NH
    New Hampshire, US
    Thanks

Just my luck the app manager I had on my phone before I rebooted it had made backups of all my apps.

And to my surprise D.Suger theme for Go Launcher was there and I simply re-installed it.

I also found a handy file manager better than the stock one that comes with MetroPCS.

It's simply called File Manager v1.12.10 and it allows me to use my WiFi signal to connect to other computers and pull or copy files from/to them without the need of the USB cord. To test it, I moved a 17mb file from one computer via WiFi to my phone and was able to view it. It only took less than 4mins to transfer.

Of course it helps having a dual band router in your house as well. :D

Thanks I did find Root Explorer on GPlay, I also found my purchased copy on the backups as well. (Whew).

Again Thanks.

4. wilemonhunter

wilemonhunter Member
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Also, use link2sd, you can move Google play and all your other apps to your SD card and free up even more space. I have 144 MB of internal memory free and I've installed over 150 apps on my phone. Its good to have. Lol

RobertT22 likes this.