• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Search - Dock on Top?

Borath

Mar 13, 2010
Hi everyone, I just got the Motorola Droid and it's great. I was playing around with it and it looks like I may have moved the "Google Search" that was originally docked at the top of the screen. Is there a way to get it to dock at the top of the screen again?

I try to move it up there and it doesn't appear to be sticking / docking.

Right, I think I long pressed it by accident and moved it around...is it possible to dock the google search bar towards the top of the phone? I thought this was the default setting but maybe I'm remembering it wrong...I looked at some videos online of the phone and that's how it looked in the videos.

Upvote 0
What op is talking about is the same problem I'm having. The google search bar used to be attached to the top bar of my screen. I moved it now when I try to dock it again to the top there is always a gap maybe 5 or 10 pixels wide. It's in portait mode. In landscape mode its docked correctly meaning no gap between the search widget and the status/notifacation bar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones