• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Search Selected Text.

theheat99

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
I'm a new android/evo user, so I must be missing something here:

When I long-hold and select text in an email, or on the web, an options bar pops up that gives me icons for 3 options:

1) Copy Text to Clipboard
2) A magnifying glass that searches in wikipedia, google translate, or google dictionary for the selected text
3) An option that Shares the selected text via whatever social networking function

SO WHERE IS THE OPTION FOR JUST PLAIN OLD GOOGLE SEARCH??

Am I missing something? Do I really have to copy and paste it into a google search bar?

-Mike

I'm a new android/evo user, so I must be missing something here:

When I long-hold and select text in an email, or on the web, an options bar pops up that gives me icons for 3 options:

1) Copy Text to Clipboard
2) A magnifying glass that searches in wikipedia, google translate, or google dictionary for the selected text
3) An option that Shares the selected text via whatever social networking function

SO WHERE IS THE OPTION FOR JUST PLAIN OLD GOOGLE SEARCH??

Am I missing something? Do I really have to copy and paste it into a google search bar?

-Mike

You need to press either the google search app or the google voice search app that comes pre-installed on the phone.

Please make sure those apps are up to date on your device.

Was there ever a solution to this?
No.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones