• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Google Services Framework keeps stopping a lot

AndyOpie150

<strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
May 13, 2011
Florida
After rooting the V and running around in it joyfully deleting useless apps., It appears to be having the last laugh. I now keep getting an annoying message that tells me that the application google services framework has stopped unexpectedly. To make matters worse every time I try to access my contacts app. I get a message that say's the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly, and will not allow access. My Questions: can I download the google sevices framework to fix above mentioned problems(what would be the best method for said install),and if not, what are the other options for getting the contacts app. functioning properly, and getting rid of the google framework problem....... P.S. I now pay close attention to every word on any pop up box, like "you should back the app just incase".:eek:

Give this a try:
1. Download Rom Manager from the market from clockwork mod
Even though our phone is not yet supported for flashing clockwork recovery or a rom directly from it it has a feature that might fix your force close issues.
2. Under the Utilities heading there is an option called Fix Permissions Run this.
It basically resets the read/write permissions of system files in case something got messed up when you rooted your phone. It will not unroot your phone or anything like that and seems fairly safe. Give that a try and see if it helps.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the useful info. After trying those things suggested,still no go on a fix. T
hen suddenly, while moving some apps around from the SD card,It(the V)Bricked!!!!!!!!!!!! What ever I did to it when I rooted it (might not have used a method that was suited for the V) I think it gave me some permission but not all(I tried flashing a recovery prior to this and going into boot recovery but all I got was the LG logo screen) Kinda like a forced root or something.SuperOneClick thought I had Root,but ROMTools v2.3.1 said I didn't.I had superuser app,I changed the boot Img.(wen't with droid name that melts into the droid eye),Had it clocked to 600max-600min.,when on. All the way down when screen off. I've since gotten a new V, and will use ROMTools this time as it seem like the right way.The other one is paid for so I might as well play with it and see If I can unbrick it(If nobody else can do it don't mean it can't be done). At the least I got spare parts. I can't afford to brick another one,so it's definitely The ROMTools for me this time. Thanks again for all the help and good advice.....AndyOpie150

Upvote 0
After playing around with the "V"(the brick), I did get the home screen for about 30 seconds(couldn't get the unlock pattern to work) before it timed out. I can't for the life of me remember what I did(what combination of buttons, and how many, that I depressed. I'll just have to keep trying until I or someone else figures out how to unbrick a "V" with out sending off it to the "Company".

Upvote 0
That was the purpose for rooting the phone, changing to the RODIMUS ROM. Wasn't able to accomplish this(hadn't realized I did something wrong in the rooting process), was in the middle of researching my error when I read about a couple of apps I wanted to try out. I was attempting to move those new apps onto the SD card when it bricked

Upvote 0
Well, the only thing I can do is get the "V" into emergency mode. I've been trying the "KDZ" method. Every time I try to launch software update,I get a "extract file error". I've tried the firmware from 2 different sites but still... no go. Renamed the file from .cab to.kdz,made sure the virtual drivers were disabled. I can't find anymore site's with the vm670zv4 cab file. I'm either doing something wrong or the files are corrupt,or both. I'll have to dig some more this evening. Any idea's would be most appreciated. AndyOpie150

Upvote 0
I don't know what I did to the "V", but it now goes into the home screen! Unfortunately, the lock pattern doesn't work at all when depressed, neither does the emergency call icon. I'm pretty sure I didn't leave it in USB debugging either, oh well, I guess I'm still going to have to figure out the "KDZ" method.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones