1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Services Framework not showing

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by agneslesage, Jan 9, 2012.

1. agneslesage

agneslesage Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    I have bought this 7inch 8650 Mini Netbook that is sold on different places
    Other Laptops & Notebooks - FREE POSTAGE & NO IMPORT DUTIES RED 7inch 8650 Mini Netbook Notebook Laptop WiFi Google Android 2.2 was sold for R1,050.00 on 23 Dec at 18:29 by ricci2gems in Johannesburg (ID:52678593)
    It has Android version 2.2, kernel 2.6.32.9, build number generic-eng2.2froyo ver 1.5.1-20110708.095253
    It says the model is Wondermedia WM8650

I thought it had Full Market Access (some sellers told me so), but I can't find many apps like even Skype on the Market, so I assume it did not get the Google license.

So I want to use the usual fix for this, explained here, stopping Market and Google Services Framework:
    Google Android Market missing apps fix

But when i go settings, applications, manage apps, I see no such app!
    I have introduced a exchange account for sync (was surprised there was no google account proposed)

I googled and dont find anyone with my problem. Must be sthg stupid...

Any idea?
    Any help appreciated

Advertisement

2. agneslesage

agneslesage Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    I have found two ways to go around this problem

The easy way

Use these other app stores are not bad and some have apps that can facilitate access from the device:
    - SlideME
    - AndroidPIT
    - Soc.io? Mall
    - Get AndroidStuff
    - Amazon Mobile Apps but this did not work with the default prop, I think it will now with the modified prop after following the complete way.

The complete way
    Follow gthe instructions on:
    http://androidforums.com/general-ta...droid-market-google-services.html#post3785134

I followed the above steps:
    - installed apps from the .rar as described above, that basically replace some of the services present on the device and insert a Google Services Fremawork that will enable authenticating with Google instead of Exchange as before
    - edited the build.prop in order to "fake" a different model that is licensed to Google
    - Played with "Manage Apps" in settings as described above in order to give full access to Market.
    I had to restart Market several times, also had somehow to edit build.prop a second time as changes had been lost after a restart. At some point, I had to reauthenticate with Google and it did not work through Wireless but did on ethernet.
    And Now I have a full access to Market!

Note that:
    - you need a sd card to install the apps from .rar
    - you need rootexplorer app. I would suggest the author to include it in the .rar for convenience.
    Otherwise, you can find it on other app markets like AndroidPIT
    Root Explorer (File Manager) - Android Apps and Tests - AndroidPIT

3. agneslesage

agneslesage Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    The easy way
    Use these other app stores are not bad and some have apps that can facilitate access from the device:
    - SlideME
    - AndroidPIT
    - Soc.io? Mall
    - Get AndroidStuff
    - Amazon Mobile Apps but this did not work with the default prop, I think it will now with the modified prop after following the complete way.

The complete way
    Follow gthe instructions on:
    http://androidforums.com/general-ta...droid-market-google-services.html#post3785134

I followed the above steps:
    - installed apps from the .rar as described above, that basically replace some of the services present on the device and insert a Google Services Framework that will enable authenticating with Google instead of Exchange as before
    - edited the build.prop in order to "fake" a different model that is licensed to Google
    - Played with "Manage Apps" in settings as described above in order to give full access to Market.
    I had to restart Market several times, also had somehow to edit build.prop a second time as changes had been lost after a restart. At some point, I had to reauthenticate with Google and it did not work through Wireless but did on ethernet.
    And Now I have a full access to Market!

Note that:
    - you need a sd card to install the apps from .rar
    - you need rootexplorer app. I would suggest the author to include it in the .rar for convenience.
    Otherwise, you can find it on other app markets like AndroidPIT
    Root Explorer (File Manager) - Android Apps and Tests - AndroidPIT