• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Sync Error

emmzone22

Nov 18, 2011
After updating to Kit Kat, I did a factory data reset. Now, under settings: Accounts, and Google, I keep getting a sync error. At the bottom of the screen it says Sync is currently experiencing problems and will be back shortly, but it's been like that all day. If I click on the red sync error, it shows a list of Google apps that are synced, but the one app it doesn't show is Google Calendar, which is what I'm trying to get synced. Any suggestions?

After updating to Kit Kat, I did a factory data reset. Now, under settings: Accounts, and Google, I keep getting a sync error. At the bottom of the screen it says Sync is currently experiencing problems and will be back shortly, but it's been like that all day. If I click on the red sync error, it shows a list of Google apps that are synced, but the one app it doesn't show is Google Calendar, which is what I'm trying to get synced. Any suggestions?

You can try (in settings->apps, slide to All) going to the app "Calendar Storage", tap it and tap the button "clear data". See if that helps.

Are you using the stock calendar app or the Google Calendar app from the store?

Upvote 0
I'm using the Google calendar app from the store. I've tried deleting the calendar app and reinstalling. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I've read that there is a problem with the calendar app from the store with kitkat on the Moto X - that's why I asked. Try uninstalling it for good, doing the wipe data of calendar storage that I mentioned above, and restart.

If you want to try another calendar app, try business calendar from the play store. That may work better.

Reactions: emmzone22
Upvote 0
Solved! When I disabled the stock calendar, I also disabled the stock calendar storage. After enabling both again, and through process of elimination, I was able to disable the stock calendar app, and leave the stock calendar storage enabled. Thus I now have a syncing Google Calendar with no errors. Thanks for all the input.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones