• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google sync won't sync contacts? Sync error

Buckeye Boy

Android Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2010
Cleveland,Ohio
When I go into accounts &sync I have a sync error for my google account. A red circle. I click on it and I only have sync contacts checked but it has grey circle with exclamation mark and at bottom it states " sync is currently experiencing problems.it will be back shortly" problem is it has said this since I got the phone a few weeks back? I have tried over 3G and wifi, no luck? It's not big deal cuz all my contacts were backed up with Verizon backup app, but why is this occurring?:thinking:

Are the 3G and wireless icons colored? In 2.3.6 Nexus One, whenever my connectivity icons go grey (vs. green) I know that i'm not fully connected to the Google servers. I've noticed two reasons for this:

1. my data storage got so low that it told me i was too low
2. my carrier was screwing with the data settings on my account once

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones