1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support google talk - nexus 7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by trutter, Jul 18, 2012.

1. trutter

trutter New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Hopefully this won't be a stupid question...

Gmail works great, got Google Talk shows everything greyed out and says signed out. When I hit the top left icon to sign in, it slickers for a moment but still stays signed out.

Is there another spot I am supposed to "sign in" at?

[[I had somehow turned off google sync since i didnt like it... and google talk requires it. I could not find ANY setting to turn it back on so did a factory reset. If anybody has an idea how to turn this on/off without doing this drastic step, please let me know. The device is too new to yield useful search results)

Advertisement

2. dongemus

dongemus Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Detroit
    In settings you should be able to go to Accounts, then add your google account?

3. trutter

trutter New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Unfortunately, there is no way I can find to get back to the sync settings screen. It is the screen that shows the very first time you start chrome. What I ended up doing was immediately bookmarking the blank "welcome to chrome" home screen.

The Services section is not accessible under the normal Chrome settings menu that I can see. It probably should be.

4. idic

idic Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Thanks - your suggestion of Chrome put me on the right track.

Go to Chrome settings, and click on your username for your account. Right at the very top is a button that says DISCONNECT GOOGLE ACCOUNT.

Click that, then just sign in again. That fixed it for me.