• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Talk on HTC Sense UI

AndroiDad75

Android Enthusiast
Mar 19, 2010
Everyone,

I think I understand that you need 2 accounts for gmail to get one on the HTC Mail widget. One registered to the phone, which only uses the gmail of the phone. The second allows you to associate it to the widget.

My question is, I figure the google account associated to the phone is the one that has gtalk associated with it. Correct???

Can you log out of that one and use the 2nd account for gtalk as well? Or are you stuck to only using the google account associated to the phone?

The reason I am asking is we use Google Talk at work as our IM service, and would need to use that at times, but also want to be able to turn on my personal one as well.

Thanks,

Rob

Everyone,

I think I understand that you need 2 accounts for gmail to get one on the HTC Mail widget. One registered to the phone, which only uses the gmail of the phone. The second allows you to associate it to the widget.

Is there a reason I can't just have 1 gmail account and use the gmail app? Is the HTC Mail widget a lot better or something? I already set up my normal email to forward to gmail, so I would get all my email that way. Or is there some advantage to using the HTC widget rather than the gmail one?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones