• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Translate - Text to speech Extended

Jerry786

Jul 28, 2010
Hi all, Installed Google translate and it prompted me to install TTS (Text to speech extended) Clicked on it and takes me to market place...However, It says app not found :thinking:

Searched for the add on, on Appbrain...and again, tried to install it on phone but again it says not found :thinking: :)

Any ideas?

Thanks

I am new to Android and am having the same problem with Google Translate. The application installed fine but when I start it asks to install Text-To-Speech Extended, I press the install button and it says asks me to install the text-to-speech (TTS) library. If I presss the "Install the TTS" button it takes me to Android Market with a screen saying "There are no matches in the Android Market for the search: pname:com.google.tts"

The weird thing is, I have Text-To-Speech installed already, it installed when I used Navigation for the first time. I am able to go to the Text-to-speech menu in the settings menu and the example plays fine.

Does anyone know what the problem is and if there is a solution?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I am new to Android and am having the same problem with Google Translate. The application installed fine but when I start it asks to install Text-To-Speech Extended, I press the install button and it says asks me to install the text-to-speech (TTS) library. If I presss the "Install the TTS" button it takes me to Android Market with a screen saying "There are no matches in the Android Market for the search: pname:com.google.tts"

The weird thing is, I have Text-To-Speech installed already, it installed when I used Navigation for the first time. I am able to go to the Text-to-speech menu in the settings menu and the example plays fine.

Does anyone know what the problem is and if there is a solution?

Thanks

You can download and install the TTS extended on your own.

Go HERE or HERE and download the file. Use Astro Manager to install it from your SD card.

Reactions: Captainblack
Upvote 0
I have a bit of a different problem with TTS Extended. I get this message when starting services like Google Translate:

"Remove TTS Extended

You're running a stale TTS Extended library on an incompatible platform. This would potentially cause problems for TTS enabled applications.

You can get a newer eSpeak Engine in the application settings.

Would you like to remove it now?"

And when I try to remove it, it is "unsucessful" Any ideas??

Upvote 0
For everyone having problems downloading text-to-speech on their phone because it says 'no matches found', go into 'settings' then 'voice input and output' then 'text-to-speech settings'. At the bottom of the menu 'Pico TTS' select your country and download the speech application. It will install text-to-speech and no more messages should put up on your navigation.

Let me know if this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones