1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google TV Box Android 4.0 Cortex's Playback Sound and CRT Connection

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by hercan, May 10, 2012.

1. hercan

hercan Lurker
    None

May 10, 2012
    Dear friends,
    I purchased this product yesterday and my first impression the desktop design is really good and mouse consistency is impressive, but speed of the menu after clicking on the program seems to need improvement.

There are 2 major problems I have to specify;

1. During the playback of mkv and avi movies, it appears that there is an irritating loop noise with the movies repeating in about every 3-4 seconds. I have observed that Android 4 Cortex A9 makes this for %50 of my movie archive. I tried to change the HDMI cable and new cable did the same thing. Today I will try to use gold cable where one of the most expensive HDMI cables, and will decide that the problem is related with the machine or with the cable quality (I think the problem is related with the software since LED TV properly reads the movies without any noise problem). Please note that for the movies that I record via my video cam, there is no problem with the sound since all recorded movies are in mpg format. Trying to update the machine may resolve my problem. I will check my version information tonight. What do you think about the noise problem?

2. Rather than LED TV, I would prefer to use this Cortex A9 on my 32'' CRT TV. But I have only Scart and AV outputs on my CRT. Reducing Cortex A9 resolution should resolve my problem since it has automatically set to 1080P, but for all resolutions I only have black screen from my CRT TV. There is no A/V cable (yellow) in the box as well as there is no scart adapter. There are HDMI to scart adapters in the market. Will it resolve the CRT problem?

Advertisement