• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice 0.4.2.8 works with bridging number again

ttran97

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2009
California
One of the reasons that I kept staying with 0.3.4 was Google introduced that direct number nonsense which broke the whole Friends & Family hack. But it looks like this newest update of Google Voice 0.4.2.8 works again with the bridging number hack.

I tried it out a few times and so far it seems less laggy too. Yay!

Reactions: OfTheDamned
One of the reasons that I kept staying with 0.3.4 was Google introduced that direct number nonsense which broke the whole Friends & Family hack. But it looks like this newest update of Google Voice 0.4.2.8 works again with the bridging number hack.

I tried it out a few times and so far it seems less laggy too. Yay!

What Hack? I tried it out and it still called through different numbers

Upvote 0
What Hack? I tried it out and it still called through different numbers

Really? Mine calls the same bridging number each time, no matter who I'm calling. It's not my Google Voice number, but at least it's consistent so I can add that number to my Friends & Family list for unlimited outgoing calls.

The bridging number that I have is a 916 area code.

Upvote 0
Just tested the new 4.2.8, much faster that the 3.2 I was using. It does not use the same bridging number over and over though, just random numbers :( I will go back to using 3.2

That's just so weird! I've rebooted my phone several times and called different numbers over the last few days and always got the same bridging number. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones