• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Voice and All Call Block?!

lexluthor

Android Expert
May 15, 2010
I have my phone set up with an All Call Block (outgoing caller ID blocked) with VZW.

When I make a GV call using the Android app, it says something about the call can't be completed as dialed.

Does the app not work with phones that have an All Call Block?

I did call VZW to remove the block, but, since it's a corporate account, I needed a password, which I didn't have.

But, I think she removed it prior to asking me for the password and GV appears to be working now.

I want to see if anyone can confirm that definitely was the reason and if there are any workarounds for using the GV app and keeping my All Call Block.

I can make a blocked GV call by manually dialing *67 then my GV # and using the dial out method, but that defeats the purpose of the GV app since that makes everything so easy.

I guess the difference in using the GV app vs using a non-android phone is that the GV app dials a "special" number so, if I have the All Call Block, it can't see who I am.

I thought I recalled that if I dialed my GV number from my non-android phone with the All Call Block, it still recognized me (which is possible since the block only blocks caller ID, but the true number is still sent in the stream).

So, bottom line, can I not use the GV app if I have All Call Block or is there a workaround?

Interesting....my caller ID is blocked again. The rep must have made the change prior to me giving the password and then when I didn't give the password, she changed it back.

GV is no longer working.

So, if I have All Call Block at the carrier level, I can't use the GV app to make calls!?

Upvote 0
Got the account password and I see I can toggle "all call block" via the automated phone system.

Clearly GV app won't work with all call block on the phone.

I'm surprised no one has chimed in. Does no one use all call block anymore?

No one knows of a way to have all call block and use the GV app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones