• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice and Fresh 2.0d - I cannot get it to work

TerrBear

Oct 19, 2009
Southwest Florida
I downloaded and flashed Fresh 2.0d last night, and all looks good until I try to use Google Voice. I get an error message of - We have a problem, Your phone number could not be verified.

I tried it several times and no go. I then downloaded and older version of Google Voice and got it to recognize my phone, but it won't take messages for missed calls. I called my number, let it go to voicemail, and just get dead air.

Also, received an email from this morning from the Android Team at Google welcoming me and my new Nexus One. I have a Sprint Hero. What's that all about?

Anybody getting this to work or have any ideas?

Did you wipe going from 1.1 to 2.0d?

Definitely wiped. Not sure if I should have rebooted after wipe and before flashing the new ROM.

I did the Google Voice de-activate / re-activate thing a few times this afternoon with both the 3.0 version and 2.0 version of Google Voice. No change.

At least I know that at least one person has it working correctly. I'll keep tinkering until I fix it or someone comes up with another suggestion.

Thank you for help.

Upvote 0
I finally got a chance to try 2.0d yesterday. When I got it up I didn't have any trouble with Google Voice, but I did receive an email today welcoming me with my new Nexus One! Not sure what's going on with yours but I wish you luck.

I'm going back to Fresh 1.1 because gmail push doesn't seem to be working. It'll be 20-30 min before the email actually shows up. It used to show up before it would even show up in gmail or gtalk.

Upvote 0
I think there may be a few small bugs in 2.0d. I flashed and reflashed it several times last night with wipes in between. It did not always flash cleanly and I had a hard time doing a restore when it was all done. I may be doing something wrong, but I don't think so. Could never get Google Voice to verify my phone number no matter what I tried. back to Fresh 1. something for me with Gumbo Kernal and Setcpu.

Upvote 0
When setting up Google Voice, it gives the option to use the existing gmail account, which is the correct one for me, or to enter a different account. I had always pressed "Use existing account" until last night when I tried the "use different account" approach. It worked like a champ.

I first did it with the damagecontrol ROM and then flashed the Fresh 2.0d Rom since I liked the previous version of Fresh. Everything is working flawlessly. :)

Reactions: ejpyle
Upvote 0
When setting up Google Voice, it gives the option to use the existing gmail account, which is the correct one for me, or to enter a different account. I had always pressed "Use existing account" until last night when I tried the "use different account" approach. It worked like a champ.

I first did it with the damagecontrol ROM and then flashed the Fresh 2.0d Rom since I liked the previous version of Fresh. Everything is working flawlessly. :)

You solved my issue....Mine works too now. Thx bro

Upvote 0
Kind of new to this so if you would please stick with me I would appreciated it. I seem to be having the same issue as described by the original poster. To reiterate, I flashed to fresh 2.0d yesterday w/o any real issue and now it appears that I can not make out going calls (in-coming as well possibly). I get a 'your account can not be verified' message. I too received the nexus one email this morning as well, not really sure what that is all about.

Here's where I expose my noobness, wth does google voice have to do with my phone? I have never had a google voice account (or an invite) and I cant seem to find any reference to one on my phone. Everything else seems to be working fine sms, email, etc. (voicemail I have no idea about though).

I could really use a hand here, this is my only phone, I am feeling a bit cut off atm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones