• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice and Sprint Visual Voice questions

billfnc

Lurker
Feb 10, 2011
I just rooted and froyoed my Sprint Hero and am having a few questions about voicemail.

I installed google voice because I couldn't find the sprint visual voicemail app, it seems ok, but when someone calls you and gets your voicemail, does it always ask them to enter the number they are trying to reach before going to my mailbox to leave a message?

If not what do I need to do to stop that?

Secondly, does anyone have the sprint voicemail app for the hero?

While I'm posting, does anyone have the digital clock/current weather widget that comes with the eclair sprint hero?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Bill

I just rooted and froyoed my Sprint Hero and am having a few questions about voicemail.

I installed google voice because I couldn't find the sprint visual voicemail app, it seems ok, but when someone calls you and gets your voicemail, does it always ask them to enter the number they are trying to reach before going to my mailbox to leave a message?

If not what do I need to do to stop that?

Secondly, does anyone have the sprint voicemail app for the hero?

While I'm posting, does anyone have the digital clock/current weather widget that comes with the eclair sprint hero?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Bill

When I call my Google Voice it just says the Caller is Unavailable and to leave a message.

Go to, Menu>Settings>Call Settings>Voicemail Service>Voicemail Settings>Voicemail Number; and follow the instructions.

As far as Sprint's Visual Voice Mail, I don't have it on my Hero but here is what you need to do.

Download the sprint_vvm.apk onto your SD card and flash it in recovery.

I use Fancy Widget for my Clock & Weather, works great!

Attachments

• SPRINT_VVM-signed.zip
    996.8 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: billfnc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones