1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Voice + Better Youmail Issue

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ejchis, Jun 8, 2011.

1. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member
    None

May 12, 2010
    MI
    I've suddenly run into an issue, and I'm hoping someone can help me.

I had my phone set up so that my primary voicemail handler was Youmail using the Better Youmail app. This was for all of my personal calls. For my work calls, I would use my Google Voice account, and I had a work voicemail greeting recorded for calls coming in on my GVoice account. This worked flawlessly for me for a long time. I would get GVoice notifications when I got a new work voicemail and BYoumail notifications when I received a personal voicemail.

On Monday, I received a notification for a new email from BYoumail. It was a work voicemail though, and it was from someone who I know I didn't give my personal cell number to. So I tested it out and called both of my numbers from another line. Both went into my BYoumail greeting.

I have tried signing out of and back into GVoice on my phone. I have switched to another GVoice account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled BYoumail. Nothing has worked.

Does anyone have any ideas for me? I would hate to lose this functionality on my phone, and part of me worries that, as Google continues to increase their native integration, these types of services will be lost. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Okay, in playing with this some more, it seems that any call that I push to voicemail goes to my Youmail account. But, if I let a call that's coming to GV ring through completely without sending it to voicemail, it ends up in my GV voicemail. I suppose this might have always been the way it has worked, but I don't seem to remember that when testing in the past.

Also, this still is something I would like to avoid. If I'm in a meeting with someone or on another line and want to push a call to voicemail, I want it to go to my GV voicemail if it's a work call. So I would still like some guidance on this.

Thanks.

Advertisement