• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice (Calling Out Problem?)

waxings

Nov 30, 2009
Does anyone know how I can change something in the settings to remove the +1 in front of all of my incoming numbers? example: +1(555)555-5555

When someone leaves me a message and i press callback it calls that number and Verizon wont recognize that +1 extension in front of the area code.

I have looked but cant seem to figure it out?

Can anyone test this for me? Just look at one of your voice messages that was left on your Google Voice Application on the phone. Click it and tell me what it has for the hone number? Does it have a +1 on front of the area code? Ie: +1555-555-5555

Mine has +1. I haven't tried dialing.

A workaround is to create a contact (from the menu in Google Voice) and delete the +1 and call from there. Or perhaps call back using Google Voice rather than Verizon? (though I haven't tried that myself...)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones