1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Voice - calling/receiving from Droid Phone

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by newyorkgreg, Jul 28, 2011.

1. newyorkgreg

newyorkgreg Member
    None

May 31, 2010
    Is it possible to call international numbers on my ANDROID PHONE, not the web browser with Google Voice? I tried calling China and when I call, I do not see any indication that Google Voice is making the call.

Instead, it looks as if the call is through Verizon. I would of imagined that once I go to make an international call, Google Voice application would POP UP and ask: Would you like to use Google Voice to make this call?

I am very confused. Or can I only receive international calls with Google Voice while on my android phone, and I can only dial-out with Google Voice via the web browser?

Advertisement

2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    I haven't made international calls through GV myself, but I'm 99% confident that you should be able. Under the GV app, press menu>more>settings>"Making Calls." It will popup a list of options that allows you to decide when you use GV to make calls. Make sure "do not use google voice to make any calls" isn't checked. There is an international call only option as well.

3. newyorkgreg

newyorkgreg Member
    None

May 31, 2010
    I have the "Making Calls" option set correctly. But what about receiving calls? For example, if my friend from China wants to call my american phone number, will Google Voice intercept it (since it is international)?

OR, would I have to call him back on my android phone and then Google Voice would understand that it is international?

4. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    You would have to get him to call your Google Voice number.