1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Voice email to self help

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by smurph1, Nov 5, 2014.

1. smurph1

smurph1 Android Enthusiast

Love using GV, but instead of setting reminder, I want to send myself an email, but it can't as it doesn't see/find me as a recipient....any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Me_Droid_Freak

Me_Droid_Freak Daryl Bowman

A reminder for what? I know there are settings to email you when you get voicemails or maybe even texts...

3. smurph1

I didn't mention voicemail, I want to user the google voice feature to send myself an email, simple....but it doesn't see me as a contact!

4. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

Hi smurph1, although I have successfully sent emails to other contacts using voice commands I've never tried sending to myself.

I've just tried and it works ok. Exactly what response do you get when you try? I assume it works ok to other contact emails.

5. smurph1

Thanks Tommo, yes it works for others, may I ask what command you used for yourself?
    I tried my name, "me", "self", and nothing worked!

6. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

I have a number of email addresses attached to my full name in my contacts. If I say "email full name it responds with a list of addresses and the prompt "which address, say first, second, third" and will then ask "what message?"

I also have two Orange.net addresses which are in my contacts list in the format First name123 where 123 are the last 3 digits of my Orange number. If I say eg "email Richard123" it will select that contact and ask for the message.

You could try creating a new contact for your email with your first name followed by a couple of digits and in theory it will pick it out as mine does.

:)

Mmmm... it may not be that simple, I've just tried that and I'm not getting a response, but if I edit an existing contact by altering one digit it responds to the new contact name. Also, having selected "first" from the list it now uses "first" by default and no longer offers the list :thinking:

I'll continue having a play!!

I've had "Home" as a contact with just the phone number for some time - I've just added my email address and it responds to both "call home" and "email home".

:)

codesplice likes this.