• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Voice has taken over my Android... :(

Calah Joy

Lurker
Sep 22, 2011
I have the Nexus S 4G phone from Sprint. Recently, I factory reset my phone because I needed it to be synced with my business e-mail account instead of my personal one. Now that I've set up Google Voice on that phone with my other email, it has taken over my phone. Every time I call someone from my phone, it shows up as my GV number and I know for some carriers that can incur an extra cost and it's also really annoying that nobody knows who I am.

A lot of my job entails contacting students and keeping them up to date with information so when they don't know who I am, it's really frusterating.

I ONLY want GV to take my voicemails and transcribe them to texts so I can go to my GV app and look at them/ listen to them there. Please help! I promise I have looked at all of the settings and menu options on my GV settings and my phone settings, both online and on my phone.

On the google voice app, go to:

SETTINGS----Making calls----then choose what you want.
Here's a screenshot. You want Do not use Google Voice to make any calls.

Attachments

• screenshot-1316749774440.png
    screenshot-1316749774440.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones