1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

google voice input question

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by spikeithard, Sep 14, 2011.

1. spikeithard

spikeithard Android Expert
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Male
    London Ontario Canada
    Hey I noticed about 7 out of 10 attempts to talk into my phone to input words works fine using google voice but the other 3 or so times it does nothing.

I mean on my swype keyboard I have the little microphone symbol I press thats to the right of the . button. I press it, and it says 'speak now'. most times it works great and inputs everything I said perfectly and other times it just doesnt put anything in at all? Speaking too fast? not clear enough? too much background noise? or just a glitch?

thanks

Advertisement

2. Chuck O. Jones

None

Sep 4, 2011
    Possibly all of the above. It's far from perfect yet. However, voice recognition has made great strides forward in the past couple of years. It used to be completely useless. Now it works. Sometimes. Even in other languages besides mid-western American twang... (A year ago an Englishman couldn't have used it to find his way around London: voice recognition didn't understand British English!).

3. spikeithard

spikeithard Android Expert
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Male
    London Ontario Canada
    haha neat. ya I try to talk very carefully at regular speed but sometimes it just doesnt 'take'. I figured when it does not take and I am in the car that its background noise blocking it. sigh.. its better than nothing but it darn frustrating at times when you have to say it 4 times in a row or exit out of handcent then back into it for it to pick it up lol