• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Voice - no longer transcribing voice mails

I was maybe thinking it might be related to Sprint's update to their voicemail service that has voice transcribing now. Don't know how it could be, but that's about when I started having the issue.

But am I the only HTC EVO user with Google Voice? :thinking:

doubtful...prolly just coincidence....that update came out the same time all the google issues started happening...to make matters worse they also coincide with all of the sprint network issues as well

Upvote 0
No. This hiccup has nothing to do with Sprint VVM. It is google message delivery system problem. If you deposit another voicemail message, your belated transcribed message will show up immediately. That's what had happened to my EVO device.

Each time seeing the message "transcription not available", deposit one more message to trigger the delivery.

Upvote 0
I am kind of off topic a bit but I did not want to start another thread about the same application or topic. I tried using GV as my primary VM. Whenever I get a call and I decline it, the person thats calling me doesn't get forwarded to my VM. My phone will actually ring again like the person is calling me a second time, when they only called once. And is it possible for me to receive notifications from the GV app and not switch form using my stock messaging app with the Evo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones