• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Voice not working after 2.1 update

Couldn't find a good forum to post this in, hope this is the right one and you guys can maybe help?

I've got a Samsung Moment that had 1.5 on it for about 4 months and had Google Voice working on it just fine. Great, loved it.

I recently updated to 2.1, and everything works great on the phone EXCEPT Google Voice.

I go through the steps and it tells me "We have a problem! Your phone number could not be verified. Please try again."

I've tried a BUNCH of time, rebooted, uninstalled/reinstalled, everything I could think of.

What does that mean? Any suggestions?

If it's a stupid answer, just punch me in the face and tell me the answer! :)

(thanks for moving this to the appropriate forum!)

log on to your google voice account online and make sure its all verified there and everything is up and connected.my gf had the same problem and it turned out that it just needed to be reset online.

Everything online was OK, so I deleted the number from Google Voice online, and re-added it. Went through the steps, had even uninstalled and reinstalled GV on my phone, still no luck.

Still says "number cannot be verified"...

Arghhh, was working great before I did the 2.1 upgrade!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones