• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice or not Google Voice?

Bagua

May 22, 2010
Palatine IL.
Okay so I have GV setup as my voicemail,it's only been a day and I like it so far. My only complaint is the transcribings a bit off in the messages and I don't get a notification that there is a voicemail. only the message notification.

I'm looking for experiences with GV both positive and negative. If possible any tips or tricks I may have missed.

I'm going to give it sometime as It's something new for me and I want to see if I like it or not.

Thanks in advanced.

As a first time user of GV the current benefit is having an email notice sent to my gmail account. At times I make it a habit of leaving my phone in my office during meetings, but having the ability to check my messages at my own discretion without interrupting my scheduled meetings via gmail.

Anyone leaving a message with important info phone numbers, addresses dates etc, are easily copied and pasted with the text alert sent. I can check via email and send the voicemail to my phone which can be saved as an mp3.

I guess it depends how it's used, the one thing I do miss is the Sprint voicemail on the Evo it's easily accessable thru the widget.

Upvote 0
Okay so I have GV setup as my voicemail,it's only been a day and I like it so far. My only complaint is the transcribings a bit off in the messages and I don't get a notification that there is a voicemail. only the message notification.

I'm looking for experiences with GV both positive and negative. If possible any tips or tricks I may have missed.

I'm going to give it sometime as It's something new for me and I want to see if I like it or not.

Thanks in advanced.

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but did you load the GV app? I get notifications from it, along with being able to view my GV inbox and manage VMs from there. I can see the transcriptions and listen to them, as well as archive, send SMSs, etc.

I absolutely love the GV integration in Android. I put up with how it worked with no good native app in WM, but now I could not be happier with GV.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones