• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice Outgoing Call Problem

cmlamorte

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
Hey guys, I can't make calls using google voice. What happens is I will dial a number and press send, then something will pop up asking me if I want to make the call with GV or without GV. I choose WITH GV and it will start out okay, but after 5 seconds it goes back to the normal call screen and calls regularly with out GV. Is there anyone who can help me out with this? I have a droid eris. Thanks.

I had a similar issue. I didn't use the prompt for each call, but instead had GV set to be used for international calls. I didn't notice it wasn't working until I got my phone bill.

I'm not sure how it was fixed but it started working after I wiped my phone and reloaded everything (upgraded to 2.1 leak V3). You might want to uninstall/reinstall GV... if that doesn't work try factory reset of your phone the install GV.

FYI, you can check your call history in GV online to see if your outgoing calls are actually being routed through GV.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones