• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google voice problem on samsung epic

skg0428

Lurker
May 11, 2010
Hey guys (and gals!) I just got an epic about a month ago and I re-installed my google voice app on my phone. Before I actually went into the app, I added the toggle shortcut to home screen. When I clicked it nothing happened. That's when I remembered I had 2 sign in to the app. I opened the app and went through the sign in process and when I went back to my homepage, the toggle shortcut was gone. I have looked everywhere for it. I signed out of the app and then looked for the toggle again, sure enough it's in the shortcuts. I put it back on my home page, signed in again, and it was gone : ( I have no way to actually use the google voice number right now because I can't toggle it to ask every time or to use every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

When you open up Google Voice...

Menu>More>Settings>Making Calls>Ask every time I make a call

My only options in settings are:
Do not disturb
My phone number
Voicemail playback
Sync and notifications
Sign out
Legal
My google number
Build number

And there is nothing in any of those that open that is even close : (
I have uninstalled the app and turned my phone on nd off and now it is only calling from my google # and ppl r getting my google # voicemail when they call my real phone #. I'm so confused : (

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones