1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Voice problem

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by weiss27md, Sep 15, 2011.

1. weiss27md

weiss27md Member

On my mom's phone when she receives a call it says something like "To accept this call press..." I know this has to do with Voice. I uninstalled from phone and of course that doesn't work. I know you have to change something on the Voice account but the Voice account is messed up. On the PC the account has a different number on it but right email and it won't let me add the right number. On the phone I can't even setup the Voice because it doesn't accept the number. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. geetechfever

geetechfever Member

Try to uninstall the Voice on the PC, then download the last Voice version and install into your phone.

3. weiss27md

weiss27md Member

On PC Google Voice is just a webpage, not a program. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling on the phone with same problem. I do know I have to change a Voice setting on the PC but I can't add the correct cell phone number under the correct email account.

4. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert

Why do you NEED to add the cell phone number? Go into the global settings for the Voice account in question, on the Calls tab select to turn off call screening.