• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice Problems

newsomer

Lurker
Feb 14, 2010
Ever since I upgraded from the original MT3G to the 1.2 refresh MT3G I've had nothing but problems with the Google Voice app. The app worked flawlessly on the original phone. All other apps work great and the phone is operating with near zero lag. Google Voice will not operate at all causing continuous force closes. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled twice to no avail. Anyone else having this problem or a solution for Google Voice on the 1.2 refresh?

Hey,

O had the same issue when i got my fender mytouch 3g and it was just frustrating since i really got an android device to use Google Voice.
I tried to get a lot of developer's attention yet no one was able to help me.

However, Good news for you! I successfully managed to edit the app and it's currently working on the fender, and other users have said that it works on the mytouch 3g 1.2 as well.
Head on over to this thread to download the google voice app and get installation instructions. Hope this helps!
Issue 6503 - android - Google Voice Crashes on the new TMobile Mytouch 3G Fender Edition - Project Hosting on Google Code

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones