• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice Question

EskimoPie

Mar 22, 2010
I setup GV as my voicemail instead of AT&T's voicemail. Problem is when I hold the phone up to my ear to listen to the message, it doesn't disable the screen like the phone app does. Thus my cheek presses on the screen and sometimes even dials the person that left the voicemail. Very annoying. I know I can use the speakerphone, but I prefer the normal speaker. Is there any way to change this?

I've updated to that version too (like the pushed notifications now!) but I'd rather not have my voicemails broadcast over a speakerphone. It's set to handset now and thus have the problem with the screen not being disabled. I suppose I'll give some feedback to google for a future version update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones