1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Voice Search will not work while driving

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroJak, Aug 29, 2011.

1. AndroJak

AndroJak Newbie

Apologies if this has been asked / posted - I didn't find this exact issue in a search.

I have rooted and flashed my Inc with "Incredible Stock OTA [RLS2] [4.06.605.2] [Android 2.3.4] [8/17/11]" and am very happy with the speed and battery life with no major issues. Today though I found that Google Voice Search will not work in my car while driving - works fine at home or while stopped -(Google "Voice search will not accept commands while in motion" for a reference)

Anyone else having this issue or know of a fix? Apparently it has been fixed in the EVO with a patch "update, 4.53.651.1"

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AndroJak

AndroJak Newbie

For anyone that has this issue it really seems to be tied to mic gain and background noise - still researching, wondering if anyone else here on GB has this issue.

3. yamaha84

yamaha84 Lurker

Had this problem on a couple of GB sense-based roms when I first rooted my Inc. It bugged me so I flashed CM7 and have had no issues with voice commands since then.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Never really tied it to driving but now that I think of it, that's exactly the case. I could buy the background noise theory.

5. AndroJak

AndroJak Newbie

I after a bunch of searching and hacking I finally installed Vlingo - which works - I really like Sense - esp in the 3,0 roms, or I would try CM7....

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews