• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google voice SMS integration

jamd

Lurker
Dec 28, 2011
Hi all,

Just switched over from an iPhone and I'm pretty impressed so for. However, I've been looking for a mod simply to copy google voice sms to the native messaging app (or handcent in my case). i dl'd GV messaging integration for sending via gvoice right from the native messaging app but using the forwarding messages feature of gvoice sucks because texts come through as access numbers rather the actual numbers. more importantly, you are charged for texts unless you have an unlimited plan.

In other words, is there anything like GV messaging integration for receiving and sending messages? There is an excellent mod for iphones that does exactly what I'm talking about: SMS GV Extension. I'm baffled someone hasn't done the same on the android platform.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones