1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Google Voice Texting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SirBuckley, Mar 1, 2010.

1. SirBuckley

SirBuckley Member

Jan 23, 2010
    ***PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS NOT A STRING TO BEG FOR VOICE INVITES. IF YOU WANT ONE, GOTO EBAY AND BUY ONE FOR $2 AND YOU WILL BE UP AND RUNNING IN MINUTES. THERE ARE NOT ANY MORE FLOATING AROUND***

I am unable to send a text to multiple parties using google voice. When I click on Compose, type in a name or number, and select the contact, that is it. I am unable to put a semi-colon, or to type another contact. Is there a step I am missing. I frequently send the same text to multiple parties. I cannot imagine there is not a way to do this.

Advertisement

2. Pocalypse

Pocalypse Active Member

Jan 14, 2010
    It used to be you couldn't do this at all.

A couple of weeks ago they added the feature to the web based program, you can separate numbers/names by a comma and send a text to up to 5 people at once.

I don't think the android app has been updated since then, so it might not be possible from the phone right now.

3. SirBuckley

SirBuckley Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Thanks. I can see it is possible to do that on the web based program. I will just keep my eyes open for an update to the Android app. I would have to believe that will be coming.